With the co-op’s mobile app, member-owners can monitor their daily energy usage and make better informed decisions to save money on their electric bills.
Roanoke Electric Philanthropic Giving
Welcome to the Roanoke Electric Cooperative's philanthropic giving program. Roanoke Electric Cooperative has established these guidelines for the allocation of contributions.
• The requesting organization must be based in Roanoke Electric's service territory (Hertford, Bertie, Gates, Northampton, Halifax, Chowan, and Perquimans counties), and conduct the majority of its philanthropic activity in the territory.
• The purpose of the donation must be strongly related to the cooperative's mission, vision and values.
• Preference will be given to donations that are focused on:
o Education and youth development
o Workforce development
o Community development
• The organization must be able to show Roanoke Electric how the donation is being put to good use (i.e. take pictures, report results, etc).
• Organizations can ask for monetary funds, goods, services, employee volunteers, promotional gifts branded with cooperative logo or other types of requests, as long as it fits in with the aforementioned guidelines.
All requests must be submitted using the online Donation Request form.
All proposals will be reviewed by our Philanthropic Giving Committee and decisions will be communicated to the requesting organization in a timely manner.
For questions about our philanthropic giving process, please dial 252.209.2278 Be sure to include the following information in your voicemail or e-mail:
• Name of Organization
• Preferred Contact Information
• Best time to reach you (between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m).
• Description of your request
News and Events
U.S. Endowment for Forestry and Communities, Greenville, SC
GREENVILLE, SC - Enviva Holdings, LP today announced a $45,000 grant to support African American land retention and healthy forests in northeastern North Carolina. The grant to the Sustainable Forestry Program of the Roanoke Center—a nonprofit affiliate of the Roanoke Electric Cooperative headquartered in Ahoskie, North Carolina—deepens the existing partnership between Enviva, the Roanoke Center, and the U. S. Endowment for Forestry and Communities (Endowment). That program serves forest owners in seven counties in the Cooperative’s service region and near two of Enviva’s wood pellet facilities.