Hurricane season officially starts June 1. When these storms hit, they have the potential to cause major outages. Now, member-owners can easily receive outage updates with Roanoke Electric Cooperative’s outage text alerts.
Wolfpack Women’s Basketball Camp Scholarship Application
Who is Eligible?
Young women entering sixth, seventh or eighth grades are eligible for the Wolfpack Women’s Basketball Camp scholarship. This scholarship is not available to students entering the ninth grade. Each winner will receive an all-expense paid scholarship to attend the Wolfpack Women’s Basketball Camp at N.C. State University during the summer of 2017.
Contestants are to write a brief (300 words or less) essay from one of the two topics provided and answer the short-answer question. Please provide essay answers in the online form below. All applicants must have a parent/guardian's signature under the Parental/Guardian Consent portion of this application in order to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Female students entering sixth, seventh and eighth grades ONLY are eligible to apply. This scholarship is not available to students entering the ninth grade.
- To find out if your school is eligible, please contact your local electric cooperative. Contact information for all 26 electric cooperatives in North Carolina and details about the Touchstone Energy sports camps can be found at www.ncelectriccooperatives.com.
- Criteria for contest include:
- - Originality and accuracy of written essay: 55 percent
- - Scholastic and extracurricular activities: 40 percent
- - Short-answer question: 5 percent
- Forms must be submitted by 5 pm on March 31, 2017.
Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required.
News and Events
Roanoke Electric Cooperative will be hosting the quarterly Roanoke Chowan Partners for Progress (RCPP2) meeting on Friday, June 9. Curtis Wynn, the co-op's president and CEO, will be giving an update on the co-op's efforts to provide broadband access through Roanoke Connect.