Member-owners gathered at Roanoke Electric Cooperative’s headquarter office on Thursday, April 20, to try its high-speed internet network offered through its Roanoke Connect Phase II project.
Roanoke Electric Cooperative Scholarship
Deadline April 28, 2017
- 50% - Need
- 25% - Scholastic Achievement
- 25% - Extracurricular Activities (school, civic, community) and Essay Question.
To be eligible - YOU MUST HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED by and are planning to attend an accredited two-year junior college or four year college or university in North Carolina. Technical and community colleges are not accepted. The applicant's parents or legal guardians must also be member-owner of the Roanoke Electric Cooperative.
Instructions for submitting additional information are included at the bottom of this application. Please include:
- A letter stating your reasons for applying for the scholarship and your plans for the future
- A letter of recommendation from your high school principal or guidance counselor
- A complete transcript of your high school courses and grades
- Results of SAT, other Scholastic Achievements
|Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required.|
News and Events
Find out how you can save big on your electric bill each month in the May issue fo the Roanoke Flashes!
May is a month to enjoy the flowers, soak up sunshine and cross those final tasks off your spring-cleaning checklist. Some of those jobs might require skills and equipment you don’t often use, so it’s a good time brush up on electrical safety, especially considering it’s National Electrical Safety Month!