Over the past year, member-owners were credited $2.05 per transaction towards their electric bill using the co-op’s Roanoke Rewards program. That’s almost $25 per year for member-owners who shop online once a month.
Request for Donation
Welcome to the Roanoke Electric Cooperative's philanthropic giving program. Roanoke Electric Cooperative has established these guidelines for the allocation of contributions.
• The requesting organization must be based in Roanoke Electric's service territory (Hertford, Bertie, Gates, Northampton, Halifax, Chowan, and Perquimans counties), and conduct the majority of its philanthropic activity in the territory.
• The purpose of the donation must be strongly related to the cooperative's mission, vision and values.
• Preference will be given to donations that are focused on:
o Education and youth development
• The organization must be able to show Roanoke Electric how the donation is being put to good use (i.e. take pictures, report results, etc).
• Organizations can ask for monetary funds, goods, services, employee volunteers, promotional gifts branded with cooperative logo or other types of requests, as long as it fits in with the aforementioned guidelines.
For requests over $250, we suggest you submit a full application to the Care Trust Operation Roundup program for assistance in funding your project. Please use this link to complete an application.
For questions about our philanthropic giving process, please contact Brittany Tann at 252-209-2236 or BTann@roanokeelectric.com. Be sure to include the following information in your voicemail or e-mail:
News and Events
The Sustainable Forestry and African American Land Retention Project will be holding a landowner meeting on Wednesday, August 30, 2017 from 9:30 am-12 pm at the Roanoke Center in Rich Square. The Sustainable Forestry Project seeks to provide landowners in Roanoke Electric Co-op’s service area with resources that will restore and conserve their forest land.